Wednesday, November 17, 2010

My Little Man

Griffin LeRoy - what a cutie and a stinker at the same time! He's 19 months old now and not a baby at all anymore. He understands basically everything we say, even though he doesn't say a lot of words on his own yet. But he is really starting to "get it." He knows our routines and our rules. It doesn't mean he always complies, but he knows. I've even warned him with a time-out a few times now and he totally understands that. He's communicating really well with nodding his head and pointing and babbling and some of his words come out. It's been great.

He is FINALLY sleeping in his own crib all night long. He's always woken up a lot at night, but now he seems to understand that we are all sleeping and we will all wake up happy in the morning. Two nights ago I put him to bed and he stood up and wanted to throw a fit. So I sat in the rocking chair and talked to him a little bit and told him to lay down and go ni-night. After a little bit he grabbed his pillow (he had thrown across his crib) and his blankie and set it all back up and lied down and covered himself up. It was so cute.

Today he was getting ready to take a bath and was standing naked in the bathroom. This is usually when he intentionally pees on the floor. But today he walked over to the toilet and put the little Dora seat on top and wanted up. So I set him up there and made sure the dinker was aimed right and sure enough he concentrated real hard and peed in the toilet!! Then after his bath I was drying him off and he started peeing (on purpose) so I reminded him to get on the toilet. He walked over to it and I set him up there, and he peed in it again! I'm so glad he's interested because I think Santa might have a little potty chair for him. That way he can hopefully stand up and pee in that one.

He's such a joy. And even though this age is pretty exhausting, I love it!

2 comments:

Marisa said...

That is awesome!!! Usually, little boys don't show much interest in potty training until they have been coached a bit more. He is such a big boy!!

Kimberly said...

I love that pic of Griff-he is such a snuggy little guy--and ALL BOY that is for sure.