Monday, June 16, 2008

Anniversary Weekend

A couple weekends back Kyle and I celebrated our 4th anniversary with an overnighter to Alderbrook. Sophia stayed with Grandma and Grandpa, and Auntie Kim was there, too. This was her third or fourth overnighter at Grandma's house and she did great.

Kyle and I got a semi-early start and headed towards Shelton around 11:00. We stopped at the casino to watch the Belmont horse race, played some blackjack, and I had a few drinks. Then we arrived at Alderbrook, got settled, and headed down for a wonderful dinner! We followed that up with a soak in the hot tub and then enjoyed the view from our room the rest of the night. It was really relaxing and really fun.

This was our room (Deniece & Don treated us!) with a great view from the 4th floor.
Here's a pic of Kyle at dinner, I took it because he asked to substitute out the sweet potato/corn hash for fries and they still presented the salmon on top of the fries and it just looked ridiculous. Deniece also treated us to dinner, and Kimberly treated us to a bottle of champagne! Thanks ladies!

1 comment:

Kora said...

I keep trying to leave messages, but it hasn't been working. Anyway, I'm glad you're blogging now, too. It's so fun to read what's going on with everyone!