Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gardening

Last year I started to do some landscaping and now that's all I can hardly think about. We had a big blank canvas to start with, so I did a lot of research on plants and planned it all out. And now of course I have different ideas from when I started and I will probably never be "done," but here's what we've done so far.

Before and After of the front of the house. We still need to bring in dirt for lawn seed this fall (hopefully). Then next year we should have a better area for Sophia to play on.


Before and After of the center area of the circular driveway. Before was a well head, hose, propane tank, flagpole, and then the kind of randomly placed cherry tree. Lots of random things I thought would look better grouped somehow. I will get more cherry trees one day so the one we have won't look so out of place. And the shrubs should grow up quickly to screen the propane tank. Joe helped me shovel lots of dirt and dig a lot of holes. Thanks, Joe!

Yesterday we drove out to Porter to the Briggs Nursery giant plant sale. Every plant in a 1-gallon container was one dollar, 3-gallon containers three dollars, and so on. Unbelievable. I got six rhodies, two lucothoe shrubs, three fothergilla shrubs, and two different lilacs all for $33!!!! Now I need to decide where they will live. Lots of work to come - ooooh, I just remembered, Joe is on summer break... :o)

No comments: