Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Cleaning

So being home for basically 5 days is making me feel swallowed up and claustrophobic! And I'm usually quite the homebody. So I have a plan to organize the garage much better (I need to buy a Gorilla rack from Costco and then have Kyle move the Chevelle into the shop first), and I just loaded 4 bags of toys into the back of the car for Goodwill. Yay! I know there will be some major meltdowns once Sophia realizes all the junk she's missing (my mom will probably be irritated too while she's looking for all the missing dollar store crap), but I'm willing to deal with it.

Note to Grandmas... No more toys. PLEASE! Clothes, great. Special events and special play time, great. Donations to savings accounts, great. Toys for our house - NOT GREAT!

I know this might sound bratty, but if anyone has been to my house lately they would see that I have a hard time managing too much stuff. So help me help myself. :o) I've got to purge before Easter baskets and birthdays.

1 comment:

Kora said...

Umm...you do sound like a brat :). Toys are good, you just have to recycle them a lot, out with the old, in with the new so they stay age appropriate. Make it a project together to help out other kids. I don't like getting clothes because it seems like they hardly ever wear anything I get. Maybe I'll donate to a charity in their name ;).