I don't remember if I ever did a post or not with a picture of it.
I loved this cake! Simple white cake with buttercream.
A baby girl name Cori was expected.
I think i did one tier French vanilla and one tier
chocolate, all with buttercream.
Here was my original plan for Griffin's 1st Birthday Cake.It didn't work out so well... The cake was too flimsy,
even with support dowels.
This was the final product. Chocolate cake with chocolate and buttercream frosting, the filling was graham cracker crumbs mixed with marshmallow cream.
Evan turned 7 this year and went with a Simpsons theme.
Homer is his favorite, so I highlighted him.
Big Boys' cakes aren't quite as pretty,
no flowers or embellishments...
And our little mermaid turned 4 last mo,nth.
She wanted Ariel for her party. This was actually a
very easy cake. I didn't have to smooth out the frosting
since it was supposed to look like under the sea.
She requested rainbow chip cake.


So I love to make cakes for special occassions. It's a hobby and in no way do I think they look "professional" but I like the task of making a cake to match a party's decor. It's funny that I don't really even like cake. I would much rather eat pastries or pie, but that doesn't give much of a focal point at a party!
The baby shower cake with the 'C' on top was a first for me - someone paid me to do it!! That made it nerve racking! I did not ever see the decorations for the party, but was just told turquoise, pink, and orange for a baby girl. It turned out cute and I think that the shower hostess and the mommy-to-be liked it. Echo's friend, Heidi, was the one who asked me to do the cake (See her blog link on Echo's page, C-Ho's... She just had a new baby of her own!!) Heidi was sweet enough to send a thank you note and let me know that everyone liked the cake. I hope so. That was the scariest part of making a cake for a group of strangers - I didn't want to disappoint!
More cake pics are in my Photo Albums list.


3 comments:
I envy your talent, I would LOVE to make and decorate cakes for a hobby! Great work Amy!
Amy, I think you do an AMAZING job with your cakes. They look good and taste good, which is the most important part. Somtimes people will make a big beautiful cake but it tastes like crap...you have mastered both parts. Quite the talent:)
Yes we all loved that cake!! I didn't know I was the 'first' to pay you:) I feel so lucky to have had you be able to do it for me on such short notice! You saved me! I will keep you in mind for upcoming events...if you're interested!
Post a Comment