Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Off to Kindergarten!



Daddy stopped by to see her off and so did Papa Dan. Here we are waiting for Bus No. 1!


Here it comes...

Reality seemed to set in a little and she got kind of quiet...

The bus driver gave no directions, but Sophia knew what to do. Find a seat, sit down quietly, and make sure to wave to Mom!


Griffin was pretty sad that he couldn't ride the bus with sissy... Poor little guy will have to go through this for next couple years.



I've just been holding back tears all morning. It was a pretty weird feeling to watch my baby ride off on that big bus. I might have to go buy her a cell phone tonight so she can call me from the bus from now on! ha!

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

OMG--I'm holding back tears reading this post! I can't believe Sophes is in kindergarten. I can't wait to hear how her day was. :) Let's vid cam later today.

Malia said...

What a big girl! She looks so cute in her first day of school outfit. We'll be doing the whole kindergarten thing next year. Can't believe our kiddos are this old!

Marisa said...

Totes holding back tears as I read this. I cannot believe that she is in Kindergarten!!! See you later today:).

Michelle said...

I was the only auntie that saw her get off the bus. I was holding back tears then and still. Love your post. I still can not believe she is in the big school now.

Anonymous said...

It was so much fun being a part of Sophia's first day of Kindergarten!!! We still can't believe she is going to school....We know she will be just a wonderful student....Tenino Elementary is blessed to have Sophia attending a such a great family supporting her....Thanks again for a fun day...Love, Grandma and Grandpa

Lana Koopman said...

Amy, how sweet and now I am in tears! I'll be doing the same in a few days. We miss you guys. The girls still talk about Sophia and Griffin! We've been crazy busy this summer as I'm sure you have but it's nice to be able to see what you all are up to.

Kora said...

How sweet...I cannot believe she is in school already! Have a good rest of the week.