Thursday, June 9, 2011

His Sister's Hero

Just a sweet story from today. I was mowing the last bit of the lawn down in our backyard while the kids played out in front of the garage riding their bikes and drawing with chalk. I only had a couple more passes when Griffin came bopping down the hill on the side of the house to find me. I waved and he kind of waved, then he held his hand out to stop. So I stopped and turned the mower off. He was (in his own nasally weird way) saying "Sissy-sissy." I said "where's sissy," he replied "rah-rah, rah-rah, bie-bie, crash" which is rock-rock, rock-rock, bike-bike, crash. (In his language you say everything twice.)

So I ran up to the front of the house and sure enough Sophia was there crashed in the rocks. It didn't look serious, she had the bike on top of one leg, sitting on her buns. I figured there would be a scrape involved. (Forgive me if I seem callous... but Sophia Rose is very, very dramatic when it comes to owies.) I headed over to where she was absolutely hysterical and wailing and checked her out. She had a little bitty scrape on her palm (no blood even) and the bike was on her one leg. So I carried her to the house and snuggled her and got her a cold wet rag for her scrape and turned on Dora. She was fine in about 2 minutes. But it was sure a good thing that her baby brother Griffin was looking out for her and came and got Mommy. He basically saved her life. :o)

4 comments:

Marisa said...

That is too cute!! It reminds me of a story about my Dad and Aunt Linda...except she had fallen down a hole and was basically hanging herself, so he really did save her life:). Little brothers are the best!

Amy said...

big brothers are good to right chubby
love kyle

Michelle said...

Yes, all brothers are great. They will and always will take care of us. No Matter what :)

Kora said...

Ris, I think I saved your life when we were double bike riding and we fell...you fell on your nose. I had to run home or something to get help. :)