Monday, March 30, 2009

39 Weeks & Counting

Well, I had hoped Baby Boy would be here by now. I'm pretty uncomfortable and just plain tired. Kyle was also hoping for his arrival this weekend, so we just kind of hung around the house and got stuff done. We got all the floors mopped and vacuumed upstairs and downstairs (again), dusted (again), cleaned the toilets (again), the shower, the kitchen, the laundry room, I got a lot of ironing done, all the laundry is washed and put away, we got all up to date reading the baby books about labor and delivery and bringing baby home.

We talked about names a lot and re-read the 50,001 Baby Names book, but still haven't decided. Kyle is very indecisive and keeps bringing in new names, and names we threw out about 4 months ago! Needless to say, this is very frustrating to me. I have my four top names:

1. Emmit (Kyle's not too sure about it)
2. Nolan (Kyle hasn't said anything negative about it)
3. Griffin (He's not too sure on this one either, but didn't rule it out)
4. Mitchell (Kyle liked Mitch a lot, but not so sure about it anymore... Ugggghhh)

I don't think any of these are overly trendy right now, and they all sound nice and manly and not too childlike and not too made-up. Everyone I know suggests Jackson (Jaxon), which is an adorable name. But VERY popular right now. For the middle name we will do a family name. Kyle is the 5th generation for LeRoy as a middle name on the Hussey side, not to mention his Grandpa's name on his mom's side was Leroy. So it will either be LeRoy or Don to honor his dad.

For those of you that know pregnancy lingo - at my appointment last Thursday I was dilated between 1 and 2, and about 75% effaced. I was really hopeful that something would happen this weekend, but still there is no sign of labor for me. I have a few Braxton Hicks contractions throughout the day, but no more than I've had the last month or so. There is still a lot of baby movement, and he is definitely further down in my pelvis each morning. There is no way around waddling at this point.

Sophia was funny this morning. She was downstairs in bed talking to herself (it's fun to listen to her on the montior) and I yelled down and told her to come upstairs. (Sometimes she comes up on her own, but most of the time she waits for me to come down and get her, or to yell down to her to come up.) Anyway, I said to come up and she yelled back up to me "Is the baby out of your tummy today?" I felt bad saying no, he was still in there. No baby today, yet. I think she's getting just as impatient as we are.

I wouldn't be quite so worried about when he was arriving if Kimberly's wedding wasn't this weekend. We'll be spending Friday through Sunday up in Seattle for all the wedding festivities. I really wanted a one-week old, or I want to still be pregnant and for sure not go into labor. I don't want to miss her wedding, and I definitely don't want Kyle to miss it! I'm sure it will all work out fine - if not, what do you do? Just go with it. But for all that know me, this not-knowing thing is very difficult!

5 comments:

Kora said...

I love that Sophia asked if the baby was out of your tummy yet. :) Too cute!

Kimberly said...

that is cute that Sophia asked that. I love her to death and can't wait for Baby Boy to have his Birthday. Gosh, if he decides to make his appearance on April 4th, it will be crazy for sure!!! :)

Marisa said...

I want him outta there!!! I want to meet the little fella:)

Tracy said...

Hang in there girl! And, might I add ... SLEEP!!! I don't think I remembered how bad the sleep deprivation is at the beginning! Holy cow I'm tired. I am thinking about you and hoping that you get to Kimberly's wedding.

lindzabenz said...

I love the name Emitt, my mom told me to mention the name Stetson! we think it's cute! I only know one guy with that name and he is my age. they call him "stets"! Whatever it will be will be great-can't wait to meet him. See you saturday.