Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Getting Ready for Baby Boy

The last week of February I was very busy shopping online for all the things we still needed for the new baby. So for the last week we've had packages arriving pretty much daily. Sophia is a great helper and she seems fine with all the things arriving for the baby.
I got the pink stuff all cleared out of the nursery. It was really sad for me to take it all down, but it was exciting to visualize all the new things I want to put up for the cowboy room.

Goodbye adorable wall flowers

Transitioning from ballerina to cowboy


So far, I haven't received many of the wall decorations yet, just most of the baby gear we ordered. I spent this past weekend and all day Monday sewing. Not that I really enjoy sewing, but it is very gratifying when it's done. I made the valance, crib bumper, pillow cases, and bed skirt. It all turned out cuter than I expected - so that was exciting. I also made a valance for Sophia's big girl room, and still need to make her duvet cover.




I found this blanket at Target and it seemed perfect for the room.
It matched the paint on the wall perfectly (which also matches
the other crib sheets), and it had little horseshoes on it. :o)

Here's a closeup of the fabrics I used.

3 comments:

Leah said...

Domestic!! I love it!

Kimberly said...

I can't wait to see it in person! I love the cowboy theme so much and can't wait to meet the little cowboy-duder soon. :)

MamaQ said...

VERY cute Amy!!! Nice job on the sewing...I'm proud of you!