Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's


Hope everyone had (or is still having) a nice Valentine's day. We had a lovely day (despite the ridiculous amount of rain and my horrible chest cold). My Valentine's actually started yesterday when Kyle surprised me with a card and some calla lilies, my favorite. He brought home a balloon too, but that was more for the kids, and it had a hole in it by bedtime. Anyway, I saved my card for today since the flowers were an early surprise. I returned the favor and made him some chocolate chip cookies.

This morning Sophia had preschool. We took Valentines for all her classmates. They had a fun little party at the end of class. Then we had a lunch date with her friend Isabella, who also does ballet with her. The kids had a nice little play session, then it was time for ballet. After ballet we headed home. Kyle got home early (well, 4:30 - but that's really early for him these days) and we all opened our gifts. I got the kids some new bath towels and few treats, Kyle got a big container of licorice and some sweet tarts, and I opened my card that went with my lovely flowers. I broiled some steaks and we watched Charlie Brown's Valentine special, and that was that. It was a long day, but very fun! Now I'm excited to watch some TV and have a little down time. Happy Valentine's Day, hope it was filled with love.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Were's my cookies? U know you can make me those cookies anytime you want. Happy Valentines day to your whole family.

Marisa said...

Sounds like a perfect Valentine's Day!

Anonymous said...

Gosh, it sounds like a very loving Valentine's Day!!! We love you all....Mom, Grandma Deniece