My friend's little boy is having his 2nd birthday party tomorrow and she asked if I would do a toy story cake. Originally I was thinking I would have to try to draw a picture of Buzz Lightyear (that's the little guy's favorite). And I had done Homer Simpson and Sponge Bob successfully in the past. But those are pretty simple characters - the more I looked at Buzz the more worried I became. So I changed my mind and went a different route.
Here is what I ended up with. Yellow cake with buttercream, nothing difficult. I focused the bottom layer on Buzz and then the top layer is the classic Toy Story look. I am really happy with how it turned out. The lettering isn't perfect. I tried my at hand at fondant for the lettering, thinking it would be a nice neat look, but the alphabet cutouts I have were not looking like the right font. So I mixed up a little colored frosting and piped it on. Maybe in the morning after the cake chills all night (and I am fresh) I would try to smooth out the yellow frosting on the lettering. I don't know. I'm kinda done with it, I think. ;o)
4 comments:
Its so fun to see all of your cakes! Jack's bday is coming up in May, I will keep you in mind! Also...my sis has twins turning 2 in April...she may be interested in 'hiring' you as well! :) Hope to see you sometime soon!H
Amy...The Toy Story cake is adorable!!! You really do such a nice job. I know how much you love creating a special cake for someone!! Love, Deniece
It looks great. Don't mess with it. I think you need to get your name out for making cakes. It would be extra money on the side.
I think it looks really good! No need to touch up the letters. You always dosuch a great job.
Post a Comment